Saturday, December 17, 2022

Sunday, December 18

 It's mid-morning and I've just come back from the gym.  I was late today because I over-slept but there were few other people there so I managed my routine without having to wait for particular equipment.  Marilyn's getting in the shower as I am writing this.  I think we're going out for lunch today; I remember being told that we're meeting up with a couple of friends at some time but I'm unsure of the details.  I won't give myself away by asking for clarification; no doubt I'll work it out when Marilyn starts to get dressed.

Archie is in full play mode this morning, dropping one of his soft toys at my feet so that I can throw it for him to retrieve.  When I come back from the gym he meets me at the door with the one we call M. Aubergine, a purple thing that looks like an eggplant, in the hope that I'll throw it for him.  All his toys have names: another purple one is Tiny Talong (talong is the filipino name for eggplant).  He's got into the habit of taking one of his toys outside and then forgets where he left it.  Every now and again, I have to take him out and show him where it is.  There's a labrador living next door and they talk to each other through a crack in the fence, so Archie is always checking whether he is there or not.  Marilyn thinks the other dog's name is Howard, or something like that.  What a name for a dog!  He seems to spend most of his time inside; not a great idea for a big dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment