Monday, December 12, 2022

Tuesday, December 13

I had an email from Charlie Prell this morning.  I have never heard of Charlie Prell so how did he happen to have my email address?  Normally, I would just ignore it or, if I were particularly bothered, I would delete it.  However, this morning, with nothing better to do, I opened it to see what he was selling.

It read: This Christmas, buy your farmer friend a farm gate sign.  OK.  I know a number of farmers, although I don't buy any of them Christmas presents; however, I dig a little deeper to see what the signs might say, imagining things like: THANK A FARMER WHEN YOU EAT YOUR NEXT BAG OF CHIPS, or FROM MY FARM TO YOUR PLATE!  YOU MIGHT SAY THANKS.

But, neither of those was available.  All there was on offer was FARMERS FOR CLIMATE ACTION.  Boring!! I know it's a worthy cause but does putting a sign like that on a farm gate make any difference?  

No comments:

Post a Comment