Thursday, August 24, 2023

Friday, August 25

I went to the gym as usual on Tuesday but when I got home I had an unpleasant twinge in my chest.  I decided to have a break for a couple of days but it didn't improve so, on Thursday, I rang and managed to get an appointment with the doctor.  The pain was in the chest, after all, and I didn't want to be 'that bloke who should have seen his doctor.'

She gave me an ECG, pronounced me as fit as a fiddle and suggested I had probably tweaked something when I was exercising. She advised me to adjust my gym routine to avoid upper body stuff for a while and focus on leg work.  I'm glad she didn't tell me to give it up entirely; although I complain about it, I would miss it if if weren't there.

It's a beautiful day here.  I'm off to my writing class with a story about a fellow who observed his own funeral.  

No comments:

Post a Comment