Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday, August 4

When you have guests, it's good manners to ask what they like to watch on TV.  Apparently, Anne is in the habit of watching The Chase every afternoon so, at 3 minutes to 5 each day, we turn it on.  Being a good host, I thought I would check Youtube to see if there were any back- episodes I could download and found a few.  We checked one out yesterday.  It was awful!

Instead of copying it through a cable, the fellow who had downloaded it did it by setting up a video camera facing the screen of the TV, so the picture was very dodgy.

Worse, the sound was recorded through the tiny microphone in the video recorder, so it, too, was awful.

But the worst thing was that the microphone also picked up the voices of the people sitting in their loungeroom watching the show.  One of the voices was, clearly, a know-all pommy who  called out the answers to the questions.  I was horrified because that's what I do and, until I heard how it sounded, I had no idea. I'll have to be more careful in future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment