Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Thursday, August 17

I note that Fathers' Day is coming up again.  Once upon a time I might have been enthusiastic but I'm past all that.  It's almost too much trouble to go out for lunch and who needs more presents.  Facebook, of course, is littered with Fathers Day gift suggestions.  I ignore them but one caught my eye: 'Your father is sure to be delighted with one of these newly-published books?'  Okay, books are good.

I think there were ten in all.  Two were about fishing, one was a suggested travel guide for a trip around Australia, another was about gardening, and another about the best tools for a handyman's shed.  Or, I could have any number of suggestions for 'Dad's Special Pizza', unless I wanted to take up Mexican Cooking.  One author, helpfully offered to help me through the restoration of an old caravan, and another wanted to feed my obsession with model railways.

Ho hum!  Nothing to see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment