Friday, August 25, 2023

Saturday, August 26

I went to gym as usual this morning.  I've had to cut out all the exercises which involve any pressure on my upper body so I'm reduced to the bike and what I call the 'leg stretcher'.  There was one other person in occupation, a bloke doing weights in the area set aside for that.  There was music playing; appalling, cacophonous, ear-splitting, atonal, and the bike I use is right underneath the speaker.  What do I do?  I can't turn it off, I can't even turn it down in case the  Neanderthal heaving round huge lumps of steel takes offence.  So, I just put up with it.  I'm only there for about twenty minutes so I probably didn't damage my eardrums too much.

When I left, I noticed the weight-lifter's truck in the carpark, with a sign GENETIC STONE MASONRY.  What on earth can that mean?

I went straight to Google, of course and found  that it's a company in Northern Tasmania which carries out masonry work.  The site underlined it had nothing to do with Genetics or Genealogy or anything else associated with genes.  The Neanderthal probably mixed up the words and wanted General, or Genuine, or Generic.  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment