Sunday, August 13, 2023

Monday, August 14

 I went to the gym, as usual, on Saturday morning.  I like to get there before the crowd but we have a key fob that lets us open the door at any time so we're not limited to office hours.  Unfortunately, the lock beeped but the door didn't open.  I tried again, but with no success.  It took a while but I finally worked out what was wrong.

Jamie is also a member of the gym and he happened to mention that he was going to interrupt his membership for a few weeks because he was particularly busy with other matters.  The system seems to be that his fob would be disabled for the deferred period.  Unfortunately, some minion in the office confused our names and disabled my fob rather than Jamie's.

All sorted this morning when the office person arrived.

I'm waiting, as they say, with bated breath for a parcel to arrive from California.  Australian Post alerted me that it should arrive today.  I received a post on Facebook saying that Amazon was having its annual Mystery Box promotion.  Each box is full of random pieces of technology which might include a new iPhone or iPad.  On the other hand it might just be a random collection of leads and so on.  In a rash moment, I signed up and now I can't wait to see what I get.  

No comments:

Post a Comment