Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Thursday, August 10

 I went to the meeting of the local Mens Probus Club yesterday.  I've officially joined so I now need to make the effort to attend regularly and learn the names of the other members.  The Chairman is a local politician I've known since my Giant Steps days and my one-time doctor has just become a member so there are at least two I can relate to.  It all takes time.

One of the members was invited to talk about his recent trip to Japan.  I was really interested because we've had several trips there and regard it as one of our favourite places.  The fellow had taken his wife, son and daughter-in-law and a couple of grand-kids and was complaining how much it had cost him. I was disappointed that he didn't seem to get out of Tokyo apart from a day at Disneyland yet he had a lot to say about how he didn't really like it.

He really had two major complaints: he saw no building going on in the city (!) and he saw very few animals, like cats and dogs.  I wonder whether he was suggesting that they'd all been eaten.  Anyway, he had some very pretty pictures and they brought back good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment