Sunday, August 27, 2023

Monday, August 28

Now that we are back to being Darby and Joan ( I wonder who were the original Darby and Joan and how they became the archetypal couple who lived on their own), it's time to get our house in order for the advent of Spring.  First job is to remove the plastic covers from the outside shelves which hold up our potted plants.  The covers have protected the plants from the worst of the winter.  I have to lift them off the frames, zip up the door section and fold them up for storage until the frosts come back.  At the moment, they're spread out in the sun to dry.

I might drag everything out of our tiny shed and sweep it out.  There might be some items I can discard; there's no use hanging on to junk we might never use again and we can always use the space for something else.  

Marilyn had put off our cleaning lady while Anne was here so she has now been reinstated.  

We have a grand plan to reorganise our main room.  One end is taken up by a dining table and chairs which we never use.  I would like to get rid of them.  At the moment, my desk is situated at the other end of the room directly under the air conditioner.  This poses problems when the fun is running and I have to weigh down all the paperwork I have scattered around.  If I can get the desk to the other end of the room, I will be a happy man, which means moving the table,

I'm not sure if we can live without a dining area but a small round table might be an option, although I'm not keen on spending more money.  We have a kitchen bench with stools which, at the moment, suffices for all our meals so that might be adequate.  Decisions! Decisions! 

1 comment:

  1. Here are the origins of Darby and Joan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darby_and_Joan

    ReplyDelete