Saturday, November 25, 2023

Sunday, November 26

The rain has come in overnight so I can forego my watering chore this morning.  I was up by 6.45 but Anne was already sitting in the lounge room waiting for a cup of tea.  Marilyn is 'having a lie-in'; she's been busy getting organised for Anne's visit and is now coping with the fall-out.  Even though we have a lot planned for while Anne is here today is a quiet day.  I have a story to write for next week's class and, because it is the last session for the year the topic is 'A Christmas Story': a bit trite so I'll have to shake it up a bit.

The Black Friday sales have hit Tasmania like the rest of the world. I thought it was a Chinese invention but I'm told it started in the US as a follow-up to Thanksgiving.  No matter, I'm told you couldn't move in the Launceston Mall on the weekend.  Even Temu, my favourite site, is in on the act.  We succumbed to the hype and ordered a tower fan from Dick Smith on-line.  If the figures are correct it was less than half-price.  We won't know how good it is until it gets here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment