Monday, November 6, 2023

Tuesday, November 7

It's Spring, and a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of the birds and the bees.  As an old man, I find myself enjoying the sight of bees buzzing around the lavender plants we have out the front  and, this morning, there were three young sparrows playing among our pot plants as they learned to fly.  I don't want to get too poetic about it but it is a not a surprise that so many poems have been written about this time of the year.

Marilyn has her first supervision duty at the exams which start this week.  I will drop her off and spend an hour or two at Jamie's before picking her up again.  He has birds, too, with a couple of swallows nesting in his back porch.  They were there last year and have re-built their nest this year in the same spot.  Three nestlings sit there with their beaks agape waiting to be fed.  A bit like me, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment