Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Thursday, November 9

 I had to drop Marilyn off early this morning for her shift at the exams and then headed for the shops to collect some bits and pieces. I didn't have a list and was relying on my memory which is always a danger.  However, I don't think I've forgotten anything.  One of the items was a jar of Moccona coffee.

It's not our preferred choice of drink; Marilyn prefers Robert Timms sachets and I'm a fan of Hazelnut Latte in pouches but the Moccona powder is a good standby, and a lot cheaper.  The problem is the jar.  It's big, bulky and, obviously, a significant part of the cost of the purchase.  The jar looks like it must have some use after the coffee is gone so I used to rinse the empty jar out and store it in the shed for future use. After a while I had so many that I just chucked them in the recycling, knowing that I was being lazy.  There's a big chunk of plastic on the lid so, to be properly recycled, somebody will need to manually remove that plastic.

I've been saying for a while that Moccona ought to provide a refill for that jar: perhaps in a foil bag.  I'm sure it would be cheaper for them, and for the customer, and do a little bit for the sorry state the world is in.


No comments:

Post a Comment