Saturday, August 3, 2024

Sunday, August 4

 It's 2.16 in the afternoon, very late to wrote a blog but I will try nevertheless.  I woke this morning at the usual time, had my morning coffee and breakfast, and sat at the computer intending to scribble down a few words about something or other.  Then Marilyn came through and reminded me that I had promised to make a pot of soup this morning. Yes, dear!

Since I sent half of my first batch of soup for this season to Jamie and Nera, there has been a persistent demand for more.  They've even taken to rating each different batch; the first was good, the second 'not bad' but the last was a triumph.  It was a Cream of Cauliflower and my favourite too.  Today's creation is a Beef and Barley.  I did have a recipe but I'm not good at following directions.  It's a lot thicker than is recommended but I'm sure it will be better.  It's not ready yet so we'll know later if it's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment