Monday, August 5, 2024

Tuesday, August 6

Maybe it's today's weather which is contributing to my mood this morning.  It's raining, the skies are grey and there is not a sound from anywhere: no traffic, no kids squealing, no TV.  We might as well be on a desert island.  I'm not exactly glum but I'm not full of the joys of Spring either.

Sometimes you wake up with a determination to have a rain check: to evaluate your life and decide which direction you will follow in the future. I'm not sure what I could change to make me more cheerful but I can't help thinking of the old song, 'What's it all about, Alfie?'

Marilyn had planned to go to her usual Craft Morning today but is not showing any enthusiasm for getting ready.  Maybe we're sharing a fit of the blues. Perhaps another cup of coffee will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment