Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Thursday, August 8

I sat down at the computer this morning planning to scribble down this blog but Jamie arrived and wanted to do some more work on our planning for when we get old.  It seems to take forever.  However, he's gone now and the next item on our calendar is getting our hair cut at 4.30 - plenty of time for me to have my say.

Marilyn and I have been married for 58 years and I've bought her a lot of presents in that time.  Some may have been cheap and forgettable, others more expensive and memorable but, over the past few days, she has said more than once."This is the best present I have ever received."

Is she talking about something gold which lives on her finger, or  her iPhone, or the electronic device which stores the books she is reading?  No, she is referring to the electric toothbrush I bought her recently from Temu.  I only bought it to make up the amount I needed to be able to get free delivery of my order and it has turned out to be 'the best present I have ever had.'  I would hate to tell you how little it cost but I've worked out that when I need replacement heads, it will be cheaper to buy a whole new unit.

In the meantime, I'm well on the way to putting together the next order.  I think I need to get up to $50 before I send it but I have my eye on a particularly smart polo shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment