Friday, September 22, 2023

Saturday, September 23

 Jamie and Nera have taken their visitors to the zoo today.  I have to confess that I did not know that we still had a zoo in Northern Tasmania.  I knew there was one years ago but had assumed that things like Covid and rising costs had taken their toll.  However, I was wrong and the Tasmania Zoo still thrives with attractions like lions, tigers, giraffes, etc.  

Marilyn and weren't included in the excursion and I'm just as happy to be staying at home.  The ground would be uneven and I'm not as nimble as I once was, and our entry tickets would have cost $32 each.  That's pensioner rate!  I've seen zoo animals before and can think of other ways to spend $64.

Jamie and Nera will have forked out about $138 for their gang and that's without the cokes and ice creams and bags of animal food to feed the inmates.  You have to look at it, though, from the point of view of the people who run the zoo.  Those animals must cost a fortune to feed and the potential client market is pretty small, so the income possibility could be patchy.  You can't afford to cut back on the animals' food; some would would be pretty nasty if they were hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment