Monday, September 18, 2023

Tuesday, September 19

Every now and then, Marilyn has a rush of blood to the head and says that we have to start economising.  She's right; our regular Coles order has gone up by a lot, petrol has never been dearer,  and our income has not changed much at all.  Her first thought is to look at what we buy regularly and see where we can cut back and the first thing she notices is that we're buying more convenience meals than we once did.  I've been promoting this as I don't want her slaving in the kitchen; opening and microwaving a Butter Chicken is easy and it's a meal I enjoy.

However, my favourite pre-prepared Butter Chicken has gone up by a dollar or two and, when you multiply that by 7, it makes a difference to our weekly order.  I have to show willing so today I set about preparing my celebrated Chicken Casserole.  We found a box of 6 Marion Bay Chicken Legs on special at the supermarket: with some chopped carrot, turnip, potato and peas and tin of Cream of Chicken soup, it makes me at least three meals for a total outlay of about $10.

I'll sleep easy tonight knowing that I've done my share.

No comments:

Post a Comment