Friday, September 29, 2023

Saturday, September 30

It was great to get back to the Poetry and Writing groups yesterday.  The Poetry group is a collection of very odd individuals ranging from a very toffee-voiced English woman to others more like me.  A new fellow joined us yesterday but two or three others dropped out.  That seems to be the pattern: people come and test the water, find it's not what they expect and cut their losses.  I don't know how we stop the rot; perhaps Poetry is just not a 'thing' in this modern world.

The Writing group is another thing entirely.  We have a core of about 10 long-term stalwarts and others join from time to time.  Two more newbies turned up yesterday.  One will stay, I expect, but I'm not sure about the other.  It will be hard if the group gets too big because we could easily run out of time to listen to our stories, and that's really what it's all about.

My story about Prince Charming and Cinderella's marriage was well-received.  I called it 'In Search of a Happy Ending', and I'll post it on my other blog, '1000 Words or Less' so I don't lose sight of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment