Friday, September 8, 2023

Saturday, September 9

Spring has certainly come to Longford; today was a beautiful day but we decided to spend it at home.  There was an Expo being held in the gym complex, organised by the Council to showcase all that Longford has to offer. My Probus Club was running a stall there and we were all asked to volunteer to be on duty for an hour or two, answering questions and touting for new members. I neglected to reply and I'm sure I wasn't missed.

That's two events in two days that I've missed: yesterday's funeral and todays's Expo.  In the old days, I would have fulfilled my duty without question. Am I becoming lazy in my old age or more choosy about how I expend my energy?  Marilyn also enjoyed her day at home although she did spend a half-hour or so, tidying up the remains of last year's pot plants.  She noticed that my rhubarb patch needs some attention and I can't imagine I'll be able to avoid that job tomorrow.

One important task I did fulfil was to select the dozen or so poems I'll need for my presentation to the Poetry Group next month.  Each of us takes it in turn to select some favourite poems to share with the group; now that it's done, I don't have to worry about it, although it's likely to be amended a couple of times before I have to share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment