Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Thursday, September 28

We're having a quiet day today.  Jamie has taken his gang up to Beauty Point to visit Sea Horse World which is quite spectacular.  Since we were there last (years ago) they've brought in platypuses (platypi?) as well, which will be great for the kids.  We have Archie who is enjoying the break from being on duty looking after three energetic kids.  He's been sleeping since he arrived, gathering his strength for when they come back to collect him.

I'm getting prepared for the start of next term at the School for Seniors which is tomorrow.  My first story is about what happened when Prince Charming and Cinderella realise they were married too quickly.  I'm limited to 800 words which I find suits me well as I don't have the patience to develop a story into a longer format.  I've also prepared my next collection of poems for the day I take my turn at leading the group.  There are many, many poems out there so there is no hardship in selecting 8 or 10 for sharing. I included one by the well-known UK comedienne, Victoria Wood.  It's called 'The Ballad of Freda and Barry' and is a bit risqué, but I think they'll enjoy reading it out loud.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment