Saturday, September 30, 2023

Sunday, October 1

 Often, on a Saturday evening, Marilyn will ask me to check the weather forecast for the next day and I know she has ideas of washing the sheets.  For today, the forecast was for cloud in the morning with clear skies in the afternoon.  Sounded reasonable, so the decision was made.

I woke at the usual time and the skies were clear.  Marilyn set about stripping the bed while I dealt with the issue of putting the clocks forward.  The phones and other technology look after themselves, of course, but there's still an old analogue clock on the wall which has to be adjusted by hand.  It was given to Marilyn when she left Cathedral School in Townsville; it's not particularly attractive but it has some sentimental value.  The problem is that it has a frame on it and is a bit fiddly to deal with, especially as I am becoming very clumsy in my old age.  But, I persevered and it was soon done.

Over the years, I have collected a number of watches and I keep them in a nice display box.  Some work with batteries, others need winding but I haven't been very good at keeping them up-to-date.  However, there are still three or four which I need to deal with and, when that is done, I think my work is complete, at least until the end of summer, when it all has to be done again.

But, as I'm making the bed I notice the bedside clock is wrong.  I've changed 7 clocks or watches this morning and I think that's a bit over the top.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment