Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Thursday, September 7

Jamie had arranged that I would pick up Archie yesterday so I drove over early in the morning.  I thought everything was fine but Jamie commented that one of the front tyres on my car was looking a bit soft.  I didn't mention that I rarely check my tyres because I can't get down with the pump and service stations have done away with the 'service' bit and their employees are confined to sitting behind the counter selling pies and stuff.

Jamie also asked me when I last had the tyres rotated.  My first thought was that tyres rotate all the time but I realised in time that he meant when had the tyres been moved from one wheel to another.  I said I couldn't remember so he reminded me that it would be written on the little sticker in the corner of the windscreen.  By this stage, I was getting embarrassed so I confessed I never looked at the range of stickers because I couldn't read them anyway.  Jamie just sighed and said he would pick up the car in the afternoon and take it to the 'Tyre Place'.  I wasn't having that and said I would do it but that he was welcome to come with me.

He made an appointment and we rolled up.  Of course, the technician advised that I needed a new tyre to replace the soft one and it ended up costing me $238.  I also had to fill up with fuel which cost me $98 so it was an expensive day out.  But at least I can still drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment