Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sunday, September 10

 I started writing this blog at the beginning of 2010 and, although it's not a complete record, I'm finding it invaluable for checking back to see what we were doing at a particular time.  But, I wish I had started writing it earlier.

Jamie popped in this morning and was talking about Madeleine and her kids coming to visit in a week or two.  In the conversation he commented on how she often she mentions a trip she made with Marilyn and me on her 10th birthday in 2005.  We went to Japan and that's one of the occasions I wish we had recorded better.  We took pictures, of course, and Madi has them all on a CD, but I like the security of words to record my feelings at the time.

We were travelling from Hobart and she was coming from Brisbane so we met up at Sydney airport for the flight. to Tokyo  We spent time in Tokyo, Kyoto, Kanazawa and Hakone; we visited Disneyland and DisneySea, Universal Studios and we rode on the Thunder Dolphin, the fastest roller-coaster in Japan.  It was a wonderful trip.

Jamie mentioned it because he believes it has coloured Madi's life and simple things like visiting a Japanese-style bakery can bring back wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment