Thursday, May 19, 2022

Friday, May 20

Marilyn's quite excited about working at the election tomorrow; she's not done it before and has no idea how tedious it can become and how long a day it is with the hardest part of it right at the end.  We're also booked to be involved in the Scrutiny but haven't heard when we'll be needed.  The person who first contacted us said I might be needed from 9 o'clock on Saturday but there's been no confirmation so I wait to be told what's happening.

I've borrowed Nera's car for the weekend because Marilyn and I will be working in different places and at different times.  Its's a Jeep Cherokee, very flash and quite a bit bigger than my little Mitsubishi.  She and Jamie are in Swansea today with a hire car.  The company she works for has stoped paying allowances for the use of personal cars, preferring to provide hire cars as needed.  I don't know what she has this time but they seem to prefer 4WDs for some reason.

Jamie's car is in the garage having a new alternator fitted; typical that it would choose to misbehave on the busiest weekend of the year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment