Monday, May 30, 2022

Tuesday, May 31

Marilyn's not working today so I won't be home alone.  I'd always thought I was pretty self-contained and the hermit lifestyle would suit me pretty well, but it's not true.  I slump in my chair, turn on the TV and vegetate until hunger forces me to think about making a decision about food.   I think about my friends who have recently lost their partners and my heart goes out to them even more.

I've talked about our friend whose husband now needs aged care and how she is looking for a place for him.  Currently, he is in hospital  being looked after until a bed is found in a home.  Maree has been visiting him regularly but, now Covid has been found in his ward and it has been closed. So, no visitors.

Marilyn will ring her this morning and invite her to have lunch with us.  I've said it before, it's a bugger getting old.

I've just been watching Peter Dutton being interviewed on ABC. He's been very critical of the ABC in the past and it was interesting to watch him squirm when Lisa asked him questions and he had to resist biting her head off.  You have to wish him well for accepting the poisoned chalice but he has a long way to go before his image is suitably softened. 

It must be difficult for politicians whose very existence depends on denigrating the opposition and who then find themselves in a position when cooperation is the best way to go.  Shakespeare got it right:  politics is 'all sound and fury, signifying nothing'.


No comments:

Post a Comment