Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Wednesday, May 4

 May 4th be with you!

What a tacky thing to say!  It looks as if I'm trying to be cool by pretending to be a 'Trekky' or something when all it does is point out how 'square' I remain, after all these years.

Being square, I took our bins out last night and lined them up squarely on the kerb.  A couple of people from our units had beaten me to it which is always irritating, as they don't follow the rules.  There's a stretch of kerb between two driveways which will take eight bins comfortably. We put out two bins each fortnight, there are five units, which equals 10 bins The fellow next door is rarely here so we don't have to worry about making room for him but, if he is, there's a bit of room in front of the house next door.  However, as you can see, space is at a premium and there's no room for alternative set-ups.

Somebody, who hasn't bothered to mark her bins with her Unit number, likes to get them out early; she puts one somewhere in the middle of the space and the second one about 2 feet away from it.  The system doesn't work when there's 2 feet between bins.  To get our eight bins into the available space, someone has to move the delinquent bins closer together to make room.  Usually, it's me. You'll notice that I used the pronoun 'she' for the culprit.  I'm confident it is a woman who is causing the problem because, when the FIFO man next door is away, I'm the only man in the units and we all know that women lack spatial awareness.

I can understand why, sometimes, neighbours fall out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment