Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Wednesday, May 25

Marilyn has headed off to work.  I'm starting to realise I was being selfish when I encouraged her to retire, back in 2009.  She's never happier than when she has a regular occupation to go and, when I would be looking forward to the weekend, Marilyn looks forward to Monday morning again.

My only task today is to get Jamie to the garage to pick up his car which is having a new alternator fitted.  I've no idea what that is but I don't need to know.  He sent me a link this morning to a real estate ad for one of the units at this address.  Unit 5 is occupied by two ladies and I suspect they are the ones who are so cavalier with putting out their bins.  However, the really interesting part of the ad is the asking price.

The unit is essentially identical to ours and the agent is expecting to receive 50% more than it would have sold for 33 months ago when it was new.  It's outrageous but I expect they will have an offer or two before the day is out.  There is such a shortage of good dwellings in this part of the world and such a demand, that sellers can ask what they like.

17% pa inflation in house prices should be ringing alarm bells and I look forward to the new government doing something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment