Thursday, May 5, 2022

Friday, May 6

I've been very good and visited the gym every morning this week.  I'm getting to recognise some of the faces now: the regulars who, like me, are trying to allay the ravages of time when it's probably too late to make a difference.  There are usually a couple of the staff around, even if I get there early.  If I catch their eye, they'll nod to me or say Good Morning but, otherwise, they don't acknowledge me.  I suspect they've been told not to be too pushy, especially with the older clientele.  

If someone took too much interest in what I was doing I might be tempted to give it up.  I'm quite happy to  go about my routine anonymously and I don't want well-meaning busybodies nagging me to report on my progress.

Some mornings are better than others.  It all depends on whether the early birds have turned on the music videos on the big-screenTV.  It's high energy stuff, with a lot of heavy rock and aggressive lyrics.  This morning one of the female coaches switched programs because she was fed up with the dreadful language in the video that was playing.  I didn't note much difference but it's all just noise to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment