Monday, May 2, 2022

Tuesday, May 3

It's another overcast day here in Longford and we've had a bit of rain overnight.  I'm always up earlier than Marilyn and this morning I wanted to finish off my story for the Writing Group on Friday.  I hate leaving it to the last minute and I suspect I will make several changes to it before I have to read it to the class.

The topic is Caught in the Act and I've written about an inept robber of a farm shed.  I try to avoid humour in my stories because I know it can backfire if the audience don't get it or think you're trying to be too smart but this story just went in that direction and I didn't try to rein it in. I think I've said before that my stories often seem to unfold without my intervention and this is one of those.

Still, it's only Tuesday and who knows what will happen to the story in the next three or four days.

Jamie and Nera are in Hobart so we're looking after Archie ... no hardship there!


No comments:

Post a Comment