Friday, May 13, 2022

Saturday, May 14

I think I might have forgotten to press the button to post yesterday's musings.  Nobody complained so maybe nobody noticed.  Anyway, I've posted it now.

Marlyn and I both woke early this morning, at about the same time.  It's not unusual for us to wake up but normally we're not aware of the other's nighttime meanderings.  Depending on the time, I might just get up or I might turn over and get another hour or two of sleep.  Marilyn is different.  Invariably, she will make herself a cup of coffee, pack herself around with pillows, prop her tablet on the gadget we found on eBay for bedtime reading and immerse herself in the exploits of whatever paperback hero is the current choice.  At the moment, it happens to be DI Vera Stanhope in the books by Ann Cleeves.

I've always been an avid reader but it's something that Marilyn has only come to since retirement.  She used to say she couldn't understand that my Mum always had a book or two on the go and couldn't see how anyone could make the time.  Now, though, if she doesn't have a book in her lap with another waiting for its turn, she's not happy.

She reads all sorts of books but particularly likes crime novels, and especially if they're in a series.  The first big series she read was by JD Robb and there are more than 50 of those;  then she moved on to Anne Perry (30 in one series, over 20 in the other) and I'm always on the lookout for the next big thing.  I suppose it's better than a lot of other hobbies she might get involved with.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed you forgot to post. I check first thing every morning.

    ReplyDelete