Sunday, May 22, 2022

Monday, May 23

I'm home alone today; well, alone with Archie but he's become part of the furniture. Marilyn left early to continue with the election count.  She did a full day yesterday and it seems it might continue for the rest of the week.   Sadly, I am nursing my wounds and will have to occupy myself here for the foreseeable future.  Apart from anything else, I'm not at all attractive with a large bandage on my forehead and one on my left hand.  

So we have a new government and now the recriminations start with the old mob: can it all be placed at the feet of Mr Morrison or is there a bigger underlying problem which has to be resolved?  And the tip is that Mr Dutton will become Leader of the Opposition.  If he does get the job it will just reinforce my feeling that the Liberal Party is moving further to the right.  Will that be a positive or will it lead to more of the problems like the one the US is facing?  Who knows?

In the meantime, I will occupy myself with writing, reading, Youtube and whatever else I can find on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment